Class Days and Times:
Tuesday and Thursday
GWA Intermediate class is designed specifically for the following wrestlers:
– Wrestlers 5 to 8 years of age with at least 1 year of experience
– New wrestlers from 8 to 14 years of age.
– Experienced wrestlers 8 to 14 years of age who want additional FUNdamental training.
GWA-Intermediate, also known in house as Level 2, is for wrestlers who have successfully proGressed through the BeGinner/FUNdamental class (Level 1)
and who are looking to improve his or her competitive wrestling skill set. Wrestlers on this level should practice at lease 2x a week minimum.
Wrestlers who are onGoing regular participants in our Intermediate (Level 2) session will:
– Gain a more in depth understanding of the FUNdamentals, rules, and scoring system of Folkstyle wrestling.
– Focus on mastering positioning from all three wrestling positions: Neutral, Referees’ Position: Advantage (top), and Disadvantage (bottom).
– Great emphasis will also be placed on constant movement, body positioning, mat awareness, and the beGinning phases of chain wrestling.
While we do not push wrestlers to compete at this level, we do prepare them for the road ahead for when they choose to compete.