Class Days and Times:
Monday 5-6:30 @ GWA (Beginning 12/2/2019)
Tuesday and Thursday
7:00-8:30 @ Parkview HS
GWA Intermediate class is designed specifically for the following wrestlers:
– Wrestlers Pre-k to 3rd grade with at least 1 year of experience
– New wrestlers from 4th-12th grade.
– Experienced wrestlers 3rd-12th grade who want additional FUNdamental training.
GWA-Intermediate, also known in house as Level 2, is for wrestlers who have successfully proGressed through the BeGinner/FUNdamental class (Level 1)
and who are looking to improve his or her competitive wrestling skill set. Wrestlers on this level should practice at lease 2x a week minimum.
Wrestlers who are onGoing regular participants in our Intermediate (Level 2) session will:
– Gain a more in depth understanding of the FUNdamentals, rules, and scoring system of Folkstyle wrestling.
– Focus on mastering positioning from all three wrestling positions: Neutral, Referees’ Position: Advantage (top), and Disadvantage (bottom).
– Great emphasis will also be placed on constant movement, body positioning, mat awareness, and the beGinning phases of chain wrestling.
While we do not push wrestlers to compete at this level, we do prepare them for the road ahead for when they choose to compete.